1. Clemson (2-0) — If it is not one guy, it's the other. Everyone can do something well right now.
2. Alabama (2-0) — The Texas A&M game — in October — should be the first real test for this team.
3. LSU (2-0) — Joe Burrow planted himself squarely in the middle of the Heisman race Saturday night.
4. Georgia (2-0) — Can we skip ahead to the Notre Dame game, please?
5. Ohio State (2-0) — Another team that won't face a true challenge for a while.
6. Oklahoma (2-0) — UCLA may be down, but it's a road game, so it's worth paying attention to.
7. Texas (1-1) — Sam Ehlinger dd not hurt his Heisman hopes in the loss to LSU.
8. Notre Dame (1-0) — See No. 4.
9. Wisconsin (2-0) — Speaking of Heisman candidates, Jonathan Taylor looks better every week.
10. Auburn (2-0) — Owns a signature win already and could get another in two weeks.
11. Michigan (2-0) — Have yet to be all that impressed with the Wolverines.
12. Oregon (1-1) — Still believe this team is the best in the Pac-12 North.
13. Texas A&M (1-1) — Don't really feel that Clemson loss was that bad, all things considered.
14. Florida (2-0) — Schedule is pillow-soft until October.
15. Central Florida (2-0) — Some good prove-it games coming up that are winnable.
16. Penn State (2-0) — Trip to Maryland in a couple weeks just got a lot more interesting.
17. Iowa (2-0) — We will know exactly how good this team is over the next four weeks.
18. Cal (2-0) — Terrific win over Washington.
19. North Carolina (2-0) — Sam Howell is deserving of the hype he is receiving.
20. Washington (1-1) — All of the Huskies' conference goals still within reach.
21. Utah (2-0) — Pac-12 South looks a lot tougher after this past weekend.
22. Boise State (2-0) — The line play here will wear teams down.
23. USC (2-0) — Saturday night was the best this team has looked since Sam Darnold left.
24. Michigan State (2-0) — Game with Arizona State has a little juice to it.
25. Boston College (2-0) — Gets the nod over Virginia and Maryland here because of the signature win over Virginia Tech.